Feb. 11, 2022: Website updates
CMU Health benefitted the most from the early February development updates.
- Implementing search for CMU Health's website.
- This allows users to search CMU Health's website for information.
- Making the Find a Doctor search more generic and rolling into site search.
- This helps search results be more inclusive and users find the information they need within them.
- Removing the Book Appointment button on CMU Health location pages if no link has been added in the backend.
- The Book Appointment button no longer shows on the CMU Health location page if there is no link present in the backend eliminating confusion for the user.
- Updating the doctor profile page to remove HTML code that was appearing.
- This is a correction to the template so it appears as all people profile pages do, without any HTML.
Additional changes include:
- Adding padding around figure captions within content block editor.
- Padding adds space around an image, which provides a clean and consistent look across the site.
- Heading level tags for program finder/search made ADA compliant.
- This is part of making the website accessible and improving the experience of all users. Previously, the headings were not following a sequential/hierarchical order which will confuse screen readers, tools used by visually impaired website users.
View the full list of updates here.
Blog: Web Insights Blog posted | Author: by Digital Strategy Team | Categories: University Communications