July 21, 2022: Website updates
Program Finder was the focus of a few different updates today. They include:
- Adding a loading animation to the Program Finder search.
- The loading animation gives users a visual cue that the site is fetching their search results.
- Updating the Program Finder page to stop page reloads when a user goes to the next or previous page.
- Eliminating page reloads improves page load speed and maintains the user's place.
- Sorting programs by alphabetical order except when there is an exact keyword match.
- By putting the exact keyword match first, users are able to find the information they were looking for quickly.
- Correcting titles that were the wrong size with certain filters present in Program Finder.
- Correcting this makes the pages on the site more consistent and congruent because the titles appear the same.
- Correcting pagination, or page numbers, that was breaking when certain filters were present in Program Finder.
- Fixing pagination leads to a better user experience and makes it easier for people to find the programs they were looking for.
View the full list of website release notes here.