Skip to main content

Loaning and transferring equipment

​​​Transferring equipment

University departments transferring ownership of tagged equipment from their cost center to another should notify Fixed Assets using one of the following three methods: email, the Assets Moved Form or the Movi​ng Req​uest Form. This notification must include the current cost center or owner, the new cost center or owner, description of the item(s), tag number(s) and the new building and room number where the equipment will be located. Fixed Assets will use this information to quickly and accurately update the university equipment inventory system.

Loaning equipment

Loaning equipment to third parties is not permitted under state statute.  University departments wishing to loan tagged assets to another department should contact Fixed Assets at (989) 774-3917 or​​​