Billing Invoice Procedures
Receivables generated from University departments and organizations should be processed through the Student Account Services and University Billing Office in Warriner 105. This allows all receivables for individual accounts to be centrally accumulated and consolidated statements to be processed on a monthly basis.
The standard Billing Invoice should be used to process these charges. The form may be modified if necessary, but any modifications must be approved through the Student Account Services and University Billing Office by contacting Lee Green at (989) 774-7344 or by email at email@example.com.
Listed below are the correct procedures and specific areas on the form that must be completed for the Student Account Services and University Billing Office to process the form:
- Customer Account Number (must have a campus ID number assigned by the Student Account Services and University Billing Office)
- Name and Address of Customer Being Billed
- Contact Person (department name and phone number that the customer can contact with questions regarding charges)
- Date of Services
- Sub Total (calculated field)
- Sales Tax (if applicable)
- Total Due (calculated field)
- Cost Center
- Internal Order
- G/L Account
- Name (name of department account)
- Total (calculated field -- should be the same as Total Due above)
Note: A department can use more than one Cost Center and G/L if necessary, but please separate these different lines at the bottom of the invoice.
- Mail one copy of the invoice to the customer
- E-mail one copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retain a copy for the department file
If you have any questions regarding the use of the billing invoice, please contact Lee Green at (989) 774-7344