2022-2023 payment plan enrollment deadlines
Fall 2022: registration opens June 1, 2022
|Enroll by:||Number of Payments||Months||First Payment Due|
|July 5||5||July - Nov||July 10|
|August 5||4||Aug - Nov||August 10|
|September 5||3||Sept - Nov||September 10|
Spring 2023: registration opens November 1, 2022
|Enroll by:||Number of Payments||Months||First Payment Due|
|December 5||5||Dec—Apr||December 10|
|January 5||4||Jan—Apr||January 10|
|February 5||3||Feb—Apr||February 10|
Summer 2023: registration opens March 1, 2023
|Enroll By:||Number of Payments||Months||First Payment Due|
|April 5||4||Apr—Jul||April 10|
|May 5||3||May—Jul||May 10|
- Log in to CentralLink.
- From the Student Quick View menu, click on the account balance.
- From QuikPay, select the Payment Plan link on the left navigation menu.
Authorized payer* enrollment
- Log in to QuikPay for authorized payers.
- Select the Payment Plan link on the left navigation menu.
*An authorized payer that enrolls for a payment plan on a student's behalf may not be removed as an authorized payer for at least 30 days after the final payment in the plan has been deducted. After that 30-day period has passed, students may remove the authorized payer at their discretion by clicking on the Authorize Payers link in QuikPay.
For questions post-enrollment, please contact Nelnet (QuikPay) customer service at 800-470-6014. Representatives are available to assist Monday-Friday from 7:00AM-9:00PM (CST) and Saturday from 8:00AM - 2:00PM (CST).
Payment plan fee information
- $55.00: non-refundable enrollment fee.
- $30.00: returned transaction fee.
- 2.85% per transaction: nonrefundable debit/credit card payment service fee.
Failure to complete payment plan agreement
- $100 non-payment of tuition fee.
- Monthly late fees for each month past the tuition due date.
- Registration hold.
- Official transcript/records hold.
- Student ID hold.
Frequently Asked Questions about payment plans
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for participation in the CMU Payment Plan, a student must meet the following requirements:
• Must be admitted for the semester of enrollment.
• Must have a student account in good standing, with no portion of the balance past due.
Do I HAVE to enroll in a payment plan?
No. Enrollment in the CMU Payment Plan is voluntary. The plan is designed for the convenience of those that expect to have out-of-pocket expenses remaining after any financial aid and loans have been disbursed.
How much does it cost to enroll in the CMU Payment Plan? How often do I need to enroll?
There is a $55 non-refundable enrollment fee. Enrollment, and payment of the enrollment fee, are required each semester for students who wish to take advantage of the option to pay in installments. The enrollment fee will be drafted immediately from the account you supply.
What payment methods are accepted? Is there a fee?
Electronic Check (ACH)
• Must provide routing number, account number and information about the primary account holder.
• Payments may be drafted from a checking or savings account. Check with your financial institution about transaction limits for savings accounts. It is your responsibility to supply information for an account authorized for the processing of electronic drafts.
• There is no per-transaction fee for electronic check payments.
• Must provide card number, expiration date, CVV security code, cardholder's name and billing address.
• There is a 2.85% service fee per transaction for credit card payments. This fee is non-refundable.
How are my payments affected if my student account balance changes (e.g., tuition charges or credits, bookstore charges and financial aid disbursements)? When and how will I be notified?
Your CMU Payment Plan balance will be adjusted periodically for account balance changes. It is your responsibility to monitor your balance in QuikPay; however, you will be notified by email if there is a change to your plan that affects your payment amount.
When will I see my monthly payments applied to my CMU student account?
Payments will be applied to your account within 24 hours business hours of the date they were scheduled, on the 10th of each month. If you do not see your payment post to your CMU account within 24 hours, please contact the Student Account Services and University Billing office at email@example.com or 989-774-3618.
What happens if I don't have the funds available when my payment is attempted?
If a transaction fails for insufficient funds, a $30 returned payment fee will be charged by Nelnet Business Solutions, the administrators of the CMU Payment Plan. The payer will be notified of the date on which payment will be reattempted.
After a second consecutive unsuccessful payment attempt, the payment plan agreement will be terminated and any penalties associated with unpaid tuition will be assessed (such as the $100 non-payment of tuition fee as well as $30 late fees for each month past the tuition due date that may not have been charged due to enrollment for a payment plan).
What should I do if I change my bank account?
• Log in to QuikPay
• Click the Payment Plan link on the left-hand side of the page
• Click the Agreement Number for the active plan
• Click Change Payment Method to update the account.
I have applied for financial aid but it has not been awarded yet and tuition is due. What do I do?
You may enroll in the CMU Payment Plan for the total of your balance due. Any financial aid disbursements made to your student account after you enroll in the CMU Payment Plan will reduce your monthly payment amounts.
Refunds of overpayments (if applicable) will be issued by the university in accordance with our refund policy.
Can multiple authorized payers have access to view my payment plan?
You can grant payment plan access to multiple authorized payers on your account. When signing up for a payment plan, you will have the option to individually grant access to each of your authorized payers.
If an authorized payer is the plan owner (they establish the plan under their authorized payer account), they will also have the option to grant other already designated authorized payers access to the plan.
Only the plan owner can make changes to the payment plan. Other authorized individuals will have either "detail only" access or "detail and email" access.
I signed up for a payment plan and then realized my financial aid covers my full semester balance. Can the enrollment fee be refunded?
No. The enrollment fee is non-refundable. If you are unsure of whether or not a payment plan will be needed, review your pre-billing estimate then contact our office to discuss your semester budget and estimated out-of-pocket expenses if you still have questions.