CMU IMPACT 2022
What is IMPACT?
IMPACT is a two-and-a-half-day event, that allows incoming multicultural freshman and transfer students to become familiar with campus, learn about cultural student organizations, and attend social workshops. We aim to prioritize retention among minoritized and underrepresented students to continue to expand diverse perspectives through experiential learning here at Central Michigan University.
Students are divided into groups of ten to twelve students, headed by two IMPACT mentors. Mentors are upperclassmen who want to help students transition into college.
The workshops IMPACT students attend include presentations from CMU alumni, CMU faculty and staff. They offer students insight on academic advising, campus life, student activities, how to succeed in college and much more.
This program is designed specifically for multicultural students and is highly encouraged for Multicultural Advancement and Lloyd M. Cofer scholars.
What you’ll get from IMPACT
- Access to campus resources before you start classes.
- Connections with other incoming multicultural students.
- Guidance from faculty members who will prepare you for academic coursework.
- Guidance from university administrators who will prepare you for life at Central both inside and outside the classroom.
- Upper-class CMU students who will serve as campus mentors to you during your first year on campus.