The OIT Help Desk is the front door for all things technology-related at CMU. This team of dedicated student and professional staff members are ready, willing, and able to assist you with whatever question, challenge, or idea you have.
If your inquiry cannot be resolved during the initial contact, your ticket will be escalated to another OIT team member or transferred to another department. All interactions are tracked within the TeamDynamix (TDX) ticketing system. Updates and ongoing communication occur within the ticket and updates are sent to your CMU email account.
Contact the Help Desk
- Walk-in: Park Library 101, 250 E. Preston, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859
Walk-in assistance is only available during Park Library open hours.
- Phone: 989-774-3662
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chat: Chat with a Help Desk staff member during open hours.
Prior to reaching out to the Help Desk, you might consider utilizing one of these 24/7 resources. The OIT Knowledge Base and Service Catalog can be navigated or searched for whatever topic you are interested in. You can also submit a General Technical Support / Request ticket and one of our team members will be in touch during Help Desk open hours.
NOTE: Some links below may require login using a CMU Global ID and password. Content varies based upon your role within the university community.
- Visit the OIT Knowledge Base.
- Check out the CMU Service Catalog.
- Submit a General Technical Support / Request ticket.
- Check the status of an existing support ticket.
- Click the AI-powered Knowledge Bot icon on this page.