Skip to main content

Graduate Faculty Status

Faculty members must have Graduate Faculty Status in order to teach 500-level courses or above, serve on a thesis/dissertation committee, etc.

For a full description of the activities requiring Graduate Faculty Status and the criteria for each type of membership please review the Graduate Education Policy available on the Academic Senate website.

Below is the application form in order to obtain Graduate Faculty Status. The form must be submitted through DocuSign. Contact Kara Owens (989-774-1318, with questions or issues with submission.

Graduate Faculty Application (DocuSign)
Preview Form (PDF)