Skip to main content

Housing and Food Allowance

For Resident Assistant, Multicultural Advisors Staff and Peer Mentors

If you will receive the Central Michigan University housing and/or the CMU food (meal) credit, the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) is required to include the amount of the benefit as a financial aid resource on the financial aid award notice. The housing and food will reduce need-based aid dollar for dollar. Need-based CMU grant funds will be reduced or canceled first. Work-study and/or a subsidized Stafford Direct Loan must also be reduced if the amount of benefit exceeds your demonstrated financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Please contact the OSFA at 989-774-3674 if you have questions concerning this policy.‚Äč