Publications & Presentations
- Richard Matheson's I Am Legend and Its Film Adaptations: Race and Masculinity in an American Myth. Jefferson: McFarland, 2018.
- Hockey, P.Q.: Canada’s Game in Québec Popular Culture. Toronto: U of Toronto Press. 2014.
- Science Fiction from Québec: A Postcolonial Study. Jefferson, NC: McFarland, 2009.
The Feminine as Fantastic in the Conte fantastique: Visions of the Other. New York: Peter Lang, 1995.
- Ph. D. in French, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, June 1993
- M. A. in French, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, March 1988
- B. A. in French and History, University of Montana, Missoula, magna cum laude, June 1986
- Additional Graduate course work in Spanish, University of Alabama-Birmingham, Spring 1997
Quebec Popular Culture, including film; Francophone Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror; Feminist Theory; Postcolonial Theory; 19th c. French literature; French film; Dystopia/Utopia/Apocalyptic narratives.
- 19th c. French Science Fiction
- Quebec Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror
- Haitian-Quebecois Writers
- Quebec Film since 2000