More about Brian Becker
Publications & Presentations
- Li, Jiwei; Qian Yu; Yong Q Tian; Brian L Becker; Paul Siqueira; Nathan Torbick, 2018, Spatio-temporal Variations of CDOM in Inland Waters from a Semi-analytical Inversion of Landsat-8, Accepted to Remote Sensing of Environment, 218(2018): 189-200
- Li J.W., Q. Yu, Y.Q. Tian, and B. Becker, Remote Sensing Estimation of Colored Dissolved Organic Matter (CDOM) Dynamics in Optically Shallow Waters, ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Vol(128): 98–110 (IP: 4.188) 2017
- Li, Bin, Daniel A. Griffith, and Brian Becker, 2016, “Spatially Simplified Scatterplots for Large Raster Datasets.” Geo-Spatial Information Science. DOI:10.1080/10095020.2016.1179441. 2016
- Zhu W.N., Q. Yu, Y.Q. Tian, B.L. Becker, and H. Carrick, 2015. Issues and potential improvement of multiband models for remotely estimating chlorophyll-a in complex inland waters, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing Vol. 8 No 2 pp 562-575
- Zhu, W. N., Yu, Q., Tian, Y. Q., Becker, B., Zheng, T., Hunter, C. (2014). An assessment of remote sensing algorithms for colored dissolved organic matter in complex freshwater environments. Remote Sensing of Environment 140, 766-778.
- Zhu, W. N., Tian, Y. Q., Yu, Q., Becker, B. (2013). Using Hyperion imagery to monitor the spatial and temporal distribution of colored dissolved organic matter in estuarine and coastal regions. Remote Sensing of Environment 134, 342 - 354.
- Nathan Torbick , Sarah Hession , Stephen Hagen , Narumon Wiangwang , Brian Becker & Jiaguo Qi (2013). Mapping inland lake water quality across the Lower Peninsula of Michigan using Landsat TM imagery, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 34:21, 7607-7624
- Torbick, N. M., B. L. Becker, S. Hession, J. Qi, G. L. Roloff and R. J. Stevenson, (2010). Assessing invasive plant infestation and disturbance gradients in a freshwater wetland using a GIScience approach, Wetland Ecology and Management. 18: 307-319.
- Becker, B. L., N. M. Torbick and D. P. Lusch, (2009). Evaluating Principal Components Analysis for Identifying Bands Using Wetland Hyperspectral Measurements From the Great Lakes, USA. Remote Sensing (ISSN 2072-4292). 1, 408-417.
- Torbick, N. and Becker, B., Mapping invasive plants in wetlands, (2009) Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, SPIE Newsroom. DOI: 10.1117/2.1200903.158
- Torbick, N. M., F. Hu, J. Zhang, J. Qi, H Zhang and B.L. Becker, 2008. Mapping Chlorophyll-a Concentrations in West Lake, China using Landsat 7 ETM+. Note in Journal of Great Lakes Research, Vol. 34. 559–565.
- Torbick, N. M., Becker, B.L., D.P. Lusch and J. Qi, 2008. Characterizing Field-Level Hyperspectral Measurements for Identifying Wetland Invasive Plant Species. In Invasive Species: Detection, Impact and Control (Chapter 4); Editors: C. P. Wilcox and R. B. Turbin. Nova Science Publishers, Inc. ISBN 978-1-60692-252-1
- Becker, B.L., D.P. Lusch and J. Qi, 2007. A Classification-based Assessment of the Optimal Spectral and Spatial Resolutions of Coastal Wetland Imagery, Remote Sensing and Environment, Vol. 108: Pp. 111-120.
- Becker, B.L., D.P. Lusch and J. Qi, 2005. Identifying Optimal Spectral Bands from In-situ Measurements of Great Lakes Coastal Wetlands using Second Derivative Analysis Remote Sensing and Environment, Vol. 97: Pp. 238-248.
- Ph.D., Michigan State University, 2002
- M.S., University of Illinois, 1993
- B.S., Eastern Illinois University, 1989
- Applied Remote Sensing
- Spectral Signature Processing/Analysis
- Environmental Science
- Wetland Ecology
- Geographic Information Sciences
- Remote Sensing
- Image Processing
- Environmental Science
- CAD Mapping for GIS