Dr. Tycner is a professor in the Department of Physics and since 2022 serves as an Associate Dean of College of Science and Engineering at Central Michigan University. Before his current appointment in the Dean’s office, Dr. Tycner served as a chair of Department of Physics for a nine-year period between 2012 and 2021. Before joining CMU in 2007, Dr. Tycner was a Michelson Postdoctoral Fellow at the U.S. Naval Observatory, Flagstaff Station between 2004 and 2007. He holds an undergraduate degree in Astronomy from University of Western Ontario (Western University) and a Ph.D. degree in Astronomy and Astrophysics from University of Toronto.
More about Christopher Tycner
Publications & Presentations
- Ph.D., Astronomy and Astrophysics, University of Toronto, 2004
- M.Sc., Astronomy, University of Toronto, 2000
- B.Sc., Astronomy, University of Western Ontario, 1999
- Observational Stellar Astrophysics
- Optical Long-Baseline Interferometry
Study of circumstellar disks of hot stars using a variety of ground-based instruments including long-baseline optical interferometry and spectroscopy.