More about Cynthia Damer
Publications & Presentations
* For a complete list of publications, please visit my Google Scholar Page.
- Ide, Amber, Wight, Elise M., and Cynthia K. Damer. Phosphatidylserine exposure promotes increased adhesion in Dictyostelium Copine A mutants. PLoS ONE, 16: e0250710 (2021).
- Wight, Elise M., Ide, Amber D and Cynthia K. Damer. CpnA regulates the size and exocytosis of contractile vacuoles and postlysosome in Dictyostelium. FEBS Open Bio, 10, 979-994 (2020).
- Matthew J. Buccilli, April N. Ilacqua, Mingxi Han, Andrew A. Banas, Elise M. Wight, Hanqian Mao, Samantha P. Perry, Tasha S. Salter, David R. Loiselle, Timothy A.J. Haystead, and Cynthia K. Damer. Copine A Interacts with Actin Filaments and Plays a Role in Chemotaxis and Adhesion. Cells 8: 758 (2019)
- Ilacqua, April N, Price, Janet M, Graham, Bria N, Buccilli, Matthew J, McKellar, Dexter M, and Cynthia K Damer. Cyclic AMP signaling in Dictyostelium promotes the translocation of the copine family of calcium-binding proteins to the plasma membrane. BMC Cell Biology, 19: 13 (2018)
- B.A., Oberlin College, 1990
- Ph.D., University of Virginia, 1995
- Postdoc, Duke University, 1997-1999
- Cell Biology
Current Research ProjectsMy lab is using the model organism, Dictyostelium discoideum, to study a family of proteins called copines. We have identified six copine genes in the Dictyostelium genome and are currently working on several research projects related to copine protein function Dictyostelium.
- Introductory Biology
- Cell Biology
- Scientific Writing & Communication
- Light Microscopy