More about Daniel Chen
Publications & Presentations
- Chen, D., Interactive Dynamic Analysis Using Constraint-Based Approach, International Journal on Interactive Design and Manufacturing, Vol. 5, No. 4, 2011. (DOI: 10.1007/s12008-011-0123-y).
- Chen, D., Ravindran, A. and Vishwabrahmanasaraf, P., Reverse Engineering Closely-spaced Free-form Shapes for a Fabric-over-body Model, Journal of Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 10, October 2011.
- Chen, D., Constraint-Based Three-Dimensional Kinematic Analysis, Journal of Engineering Technology, Vol. 28, No. 1, Spring 2011.
- Olumolade, O., Chen, D. and Chen, H., Design Prototyping for Manufacturability, International Journal of Modern Engineering, Vol. 10, No. 2, Spring/Summer 2010.
- Soni, K., Chen, D. and Lerch, T., Parameterization of Prismatic Shapes and Reconstruction of Free-form Shapes in Reverse Engineering, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 41, Issue 9, 2009. (DOI: 10.1007/s00170-008-1550-1).
- Chen, D., Constraint-Based Mechanism Analysis of a Robot Gripper, Journal of Engineering Technology, Vol. 25, No. 2, Fall 2008.
- Chen, M., Peng, A. and Sun, Y., A Joint Educational Feeder Program, 2008 ASEE (American Society for Engineering Education) Annual Conference Proceedings, Pittsburgh, PA, June 22-25, 2008.
- Chen, M., Chan, M. and Wilson, D., Integrating CAD/CAM and Composite Tooling Technologies in a Research Experience, 2007 ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Honolulu, HI, June 24-27, 2007.
- Chen, D., “Synthesis of Planar Mechanisms Using A Constraint-Based Design Tool”,2006ASEE (American Society for Engineering Education) Annual Conference Proceedings, Chicago, IL, June 18-21, 2006.
- Chen, D., “Integrating CAD/CAM/CAE in Mechanical Engineering Technology Program”, Proceedings of International Symposium on Modern Technology and Management Science, North China University of Technology, Beijing, China, September 1-4, 2005.
- Chen, D., Peng, A. and Jones, D., “Attitude of Students Entering Engineering Technology Programs”, 2004 ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Salt Lake City, Utah, June 2004.
- Rodrigues, P. and Chen, D., “Methodologies in Teaching Mechanism Design”, ASEE New England Section Conference, University of Maine, Orono, ME, May 2-3, 2003.
- Chen, D., “3D CAD Analysis of Space Trusses Based on Parallelepiped Method”, Engineering Design Graphics Journal, Volume 66, Number 1, Winter 2002.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Kansas State University, 1984
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology, 1979
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Taipei Institute of Technology, 1974
- Machine Design
Membership in Professional Organizations
Dr. Chen is a member of:
- The American Society for Engineering Education
- The American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- And is a Registered Professional Engineer, State of Michigan (since 1986)
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanics of Materials
- Kinematics & Dynamics of Machines
- Machine Design
- Computer-Aided Design & Engineering