Publications & Presentations
- Moriarty T, Bourbeau K, Bellovary B, Zuhl MN. Exercise Intensity Influences Prefrontal Cortex Oxygenation during Cognitive Testing. Behavioral Sciences. 2019;9(8):83.
- James M Beverly, Ph.D., Micah N Zuhl, Ph.D., Jenna MB White, M.D., Erin R Beverly, M.S., Trisha A VanDusseldorp, Ph.D., James J McCormick, Ph.D., Jason D Williams, M.D., Jason R Beam, Ph.D., and Christine M Mermier, Ph.D. Harness suspension stress: physiological and safety assessment. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 2019 Jan; 61(1): 35-40.
- Roberto C Nava, B.S., Micah Zuhl, Ph.D., Kelsey Bourbeau, M.S., Terence Moriarty, M.S., Anna Welch, M.S., and Christine Mermier, Ph.D. The Effect of Acute Glutamine Supplementation on Markers of Inflammation and Fatigue During Consecutive Days of Simulated Wildland Firefighting. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 2018 Nov 26.
- O'Neil, S., Thomas, A., Moore, M., Pettit-Mee, R., Pelletier, K., Thompson, J., Nelson, R., & Zuhl, M. Exercise prescription techniques in cardiac rehabilitation centers across the Midwest states. Journal of Clinical Exercise Physiologists. 7(1): 8-14, 2018.
- Lossing, A., Moore, M., and Zuhl, M. Dance as a treatment for neurological disorders. Body, Movement and Dance in Psychotherapy. 2017 12(3): p. 170-184.
- PhD, Exercise Physiology, University of New Mexico, 2012
- MS, Exercise Physiology, Western Michigan University, 2007
- BS, Integrated Management, Western Michigan University, 2002
Dr. Zuhl's recent research includes identifying and developing progressive exercise therapies for various clinical populations. This includes patients enrolled in cardiac rehabilitation programs; and, more recently those suffering from various behavioral disorders (e.g., substance use disorders, mood disorders). He has additional research experience in examining the physiological stress response to physical exertion (e.g. exercise) in various environmental conditions.
- HSC 310: ECG Assessment
- HSC 311: Cardiac Monitoring and Therapy
- HSC 503: Health Implications of Obesity
- HSC 550: Stress Test Administration
- HSC 551: Stress Testing Interpretation
- HSC 632: Cardiopulmonary Exercise Physiology