More about Yong Tian
Publications & Presentations
- Li, Jiwei; Qian Yu; Yong Q Tian; Brian L Becker; Paul Siqueira; Nathan Torbick, 2018, Spatio-temporal Variations of CDOM in Inland Waters from a Semi-analytical Inversion of Landsat-8, Accepted to Remote Sensing of Environment, 218(2018): 189-200
- Li, Jiwei; Qian Yu; Yong Q Tian; David Boutt, 2018, Effects of landcover, soil property and temperature on co-variations of DOC and CDOM in inland waters, Journal of Geophysical Research – Biogeosciences,123(4): 1352-1365, doi:10.1002/2017JG004179, Research Spotlight on AGU EOS
- Li J.W., Q. Yu, Y.Q. Tian, and B. Becker, Remote Sensing Estimation of Colored Dissolved Organic Matter (CDOM) Dynamics in non-Optically Deep Waters, ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Vol(128): 98–110 (IP: 4.188)
- Qiao H.J., Y.Q. Tian, Q. Yu, H.J. Carrick, and M. Francek, Extreme storm events over agricultural landscape with snowpack pose intolerable risk of riverine DOC fluxes to aquatic ecosystem in Midwestern USA, Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 246 (2017) 31-41 (IP: 4.461)
- Jiang Chen; Wei-Ning Zhu; Yong Q. Tian; Qian Yu, 2017, Estimation of Colored Dissolved Organic Matter From Landsat-8 Imagery for Complex Inland Water: Case Study of Lake Huron, IEEE Transactions of Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 55(4): 2201 - 2212 (IP: 3.36), DOI: 10.1109/TGRS.2016.2638828
- Zhu W.N., Q. Yu, Y.Q. Tian, B.L. Becker, and H. Carrick, 2014. Issues and potential improvement of multiband models for remotely estimating chlorophyll-a in complex inland waters, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing (IEEE J-Stars), doi: 10.1109/JSTARS.2014.2360872
- Zhu, W.N., Q. Yu, Y.Q. Tian, B. Becker, T. Zheng, and H. Carrick, 2014 An Assessment of Remote Sensing Algorithms for Colored Dissolved Organic Matter in Complex Freshwater Environments, Remote Sensing of Environment, 140 (2014) 766–778
- Zhu, W.N., Q. Yu, and Y.Q. Tian, 2013. Uncertainty analysis of remote sensing of colored dissolved organic matter: evaluations and comparisons for three rivers in North America, ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 84 (2013): 12-22.
- Tian, Y.Q., Q. Yu, C.J. Ye, and A.M. Blunden, 2013，Effects of Climate and Land-Surface Process on Terrestrial Dissolved Organic Carbon Export to Major U.S. Coastal Rivers, Ecological Engineering, 54 (2013) 192-201.
- Zhu, W.N., **Y.Q. Tian, Q. Yu, B. Becker, 2013，Using Hyperion Imagery to Monitor the Spatial and Temporal Distribution of Colored Dissolved Organic Matter in Estuarine and Coastal Regions, Remote Sensing of Environment, 134 (2013): 342-354, DOI: 10.1016/j.rse.2013.03.009.
- Tian, Y.Q., *Wang, D., R. F. Chen and *W. Huang, 2012, Using modeled runoff to study DOC dynamics in stream and river flow: a case study of an urban watershed southeast of Boston, Massachusetts, Ecological Engineering, 42(2012): 212-222.
- Zhu, W.N., Q. Yu, Y.Q. Tian, R.F. Chen, and G.B. Gardner, 2011, Estimation of chromophoric dissolved organic matter in the Mississippi and Atchafalaya River plume regions using above-surface hyperspectral remote sensing, Journal of Geophysical Research-Ocean, Vol., 116, C02011, doi:10.1029/2010JC006523.
- Tian, Y.Q., Q. Yu, M.J. Zimmerman, S. Flint, and M.C. Waldron, 2010, differentiate among aquatic plant communities and density in eutrophic rivers using remote sensing technology, Freshwater Biology Vol. 55 (8): 1587-1801.
- Yu, Q., Y.Q. Tian, R.F. Chen, A. Liu, G.B. Gardner, W.N. Zhu, 2010, Functional Linear Analysis for Estimating Riverine CDOM in Coastal Environment Using In Situ Hyperspectral Data, Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, Vol. 76(10): 1147-1158.
- Tian, Y.Q., *J.J. Wang, J.A. Duff, B.L. Howes, and A. Evgenidou, 2009, Spatial Patterns of Macrobenthic Communities in Shallow Tidal Embayments and Association with Environmental Factors, Environmental Management Vol. 44 (1):119-135.
- He, H.M., Q. Yu, J. Zhou, Y.Q. Tian, and R.F. Chen, 2008, Modeling Complex Flood Flow Evolution in middle Yellow River Basin, China, Journal of Hydrology, Vol. 353 (1-2), 76-92.
- Kirshen, P., C. Watson, A. Gontz, E. Douglas, J. Lee, and Y.Q. Tian, 2008, Coastal Flooding in the Northeastern USA under Climate Change, The Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Vol. 13 (5-6), 430-451.
- Tian, Y.Q., R. McDowell, Q. Yu, G. W. Sheath, W. T. Carlson, and P. Gong, 2007, Modeling to analyze the impacts of animal treading effects on soil in, Hydrological Processes, Vol. 21 (8) 1106-1114.
- He, H.M., J. Zhou, Q. Yu, **Y.Q. Tian, and R.F. Chen, 2007, Flood Frequency and Routing Processes at a Confluence of the Middle Yellow River in China, River Research and Applications, Vol. 23 (4) 407-427.
- Xie, H.J., **Y.Q. Tian, J.A. Granillo, and G.R. Keller, 2007, Suitable Remote Sensing Method and Data for Mapping and Measuring Active Crop Field, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 28 (2) 395-411.
- Xie, H.J., J.M.H. Hendrickx, X. Zhou, H. Guan, Y.Q. Tian, E. Vivoni, and E. Small, 2006, A statistical analysis of NEXRAD precipitation in a semi-arid area of the Southwest United States, Journal of the American Water Resources Association, Vol. 42(1) 237-256.
- Tian, Y.Q., J.D. Radke, P. Gong, Q. Yu, 2004, Spatially Allocating PM2.5 Emissions from Residential Wood Burning in California, Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 38(6): 833-843.
- Tian, Y.Q., P. Gong, J.D. Radke and J. Scarborough, 2002, Spatial and Temporal Modeling of Microbial Contaminants on Grazing Farmlands, Journal of Environmental Quality, Vol. 31(3): 860-869.
- Tian, Y.Q., R.J. Davies-Colley, P. Gong and B.W. Thorrold, 2001, Estimating Solar Radiation on Slopes of Arbitrary Aspect, Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, Vol. 109: 67-74.
- Tian, Y.Q., D.G. McCall and W.H. McMillan, 1999, The Potential for Use of Surplus Dairy Herd Reproductive Capacity for Beef Production, New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research, Vol. 42: 405-414.
- Postdoc., University of California-Berkeley, USA
- Ph.D., University of Waikato, New Zealand
- M.S., University of Newcastle Upon-Tyne, England
- B.S., University of Shanxi, China
- Land-Water Dynamics
- Coastal Ecology
- Environmental Modeling
Current Research ProjectsCollaborative Research: GIS-based Modeling of DOC dynamics from landscapes to coasts: hydrological connectivity and estuarine processes, Yong Q. Tian (PI), Co-PI: Robert F. Chen, Funded by NSF Collaboration in Mathematical Geosciences (CMG) Program for years from 2010-2013.
A Chromophoric Dissolved Organic Matter (CDOM) Observatory, Robert F. Chen (PI), Co-PIs: Yong Q. Tian and Bernie Gardner, Funded by the Office of Naval Research, Optical and Biological Oceanography Program for years from 2005-2012.
- GIS-Based Environmental Modeling
- Remote Sensing of Aquatic Environment
- Watershed Modeling
- GIS & Programming