Your dreams of working in radio or creating, producing and managing content for the masses can become your career. A degree in broadcast and cinematic arts can prepare you for the exciting and creative world of electronic media. You'll develop skills for careers in television, news and sports broadcasting, cinema, radio, and more.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
Whether you're interested in producing music, working a camera, becoming a podcast host or writing screenplays, you'll gain relevant knowledge and practical experience. Join one of the most comprehensive electronic media programs in the country.
As a broadcast and cinematic arts student, you can learn from accomplished faculty with industry experience in the areas of:
- Audio and video production.
- Media performance.
- Media writing.
- Media leadership and entrepreneurship.
- Multimedia journalism.
- Sports Broadcasting.
- Media criticism.
- Cinema studies.
You’ll have the chance to work at CMU's award-winning campus TV station, radio stations, record label or newscast station. In fact, right away you'll begin acquiring real-world experience behind and/or in front of the camera or microphone. You'll even be able to pitch and produce your own shows.
You'll also have many networking opportunities through national organizations such as Alpha Epsilon Rho/National Broadcasting Society and Radio Television Digital News Association. Our alumni have pursued careers at WNBC News, CNN, Fox Sports, Netflix and more.
As a broadcast and cinematic arts student here, you'll:
- Join one of the country's largest and most comprehensive programs of its kind.
- Gain hands-on experience at our award-winning MHTV television station (broadcast to the local cable and online), WMHW radio station (Mountain 91.5 and 101.1 The Beat), newscast stations (News Central and Sports Central), or record label (Moore Media Records).
- Join our Film Society to connect with film lovers.
- Network with media professionals through national organizations.
- Acquire experience behind and/or in front of the camera/microphone in video or music production, television, broadcast news and sports, radio, or podcasting.
Careers & Outcomes
A degree in broadcast and cinematic arts can prepare you for a wide range of careers in film and television, broadcast news, music production, radio, corporate communications and more.