Discover how to become an informed and active citizen in today’s world. This program gives you the tools and knowledge to get involved and make a difference.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
American society works best when citizens actively participate in the democratic process. This certificate gives you the civic knowledge and tools to understand the public and political landscapes. You’ll become a more engaged citizen and build the skills to drive change in others.
The 15-hour certificate is open to degree-seeking students of any major as well as non-degree-seeking students.
You’ll take three core classes and then choose two classes from the following elective tracks:
- Public opinion polling.
- Elected institutions and procedures.
- Appointed institutions and procedures.
As a student of citizen engagement, you’ll:
- Prepare to make a difference in the political and civic arenas.
- Expand your knowledge of local, state and national government processes.
- Explore issues surrounding elections, political parties and lobbying.
Careers & Outcomes
An undergraduate certificate in citizen engagement prepares you for a variety of rewarding careers in public service and beyond.
|Public Service Administrator