CMED Honors Early Assurance Program
CMED Honors is an early assurance program for select undergraduate members of the Central Michigan University Honors program.
CMED Honors students will be selected from the honors program as freshmen in their first semester at Central Michigan University. After experiencing the clinical, classroom and community events and working with a mentor from the medical school, up to five participants will be offered an early assurance of admission to the College of Medicine before the start of their senior year.
CMED Honors students must take the Medical College Admissions Test no later than May of their junior year to be considered for the five slots. All program participants must complete a College of Medicine application and participate in the College of Medicine multiple mini interviews.
Students not selected can still apply through the regular American Medical College Application Service process.
Minimum requirements for application
- Meet the CMU Honors Program requirements for grade-point average.
- Be an Honors student in good standing.
- Verification of U.S. or Canadian citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status.
- Completion of the CMED Honors application.
- Continuation criteria, including completion of:
- CMU College of Medicine prerequisite courses.
- Maintenance of a 3.25 GPA.
- Participation in CMED Honors seminars.
- Participation in community, volunteer and clinical activities consistent with the CMU College of Medicine mission.
- Submission of a score from the Medical College Admissions Test in the junior year.
- Application to the CMU College of Medicine no later than Aug. 1 of senior year.
- Compliance with the CMU College of Medicine essential standards for matriculation, promotion and graduation as well as CMED's terms and conditions of acceptance.
- Criminal background check before matriculation to CMED.