A graduate degree in physical education or sport administration can prepare you for a career in physical education teaching, athletic coaching, sport management, athletic administration, and exercise science. The Department of Physical Education and Sport at Central Michigan University offers a 36-hour master of arts program in sport administration. The department incorporates unique course content and methodology to provide opportunities for study from social, psychological, historical, scientific, and philosophical perspectives. As a physical education and sport student at CMU, you will benefit from:
- Innovative instructional, athletic, and recreational facilities
- Intercollegiate and intramural recreational sports for men and women
- Local chapters of the Sport Management Association
- Opportunities for practical experiences in athletic training, coaching, sport administration, and teaching
A Nationally Accredited Sport Management Program:
Central Michigan University awarded accreditation by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA), February 2015.
The sport management degree program at Central Michigan University have received specialized accreditation through the Commission on Sport Management Education (COSMA) located in Arlington, Virginia, USA. The sport management programs in the following degrees are accredited by COSMA:
- Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Sport Management
- Bachelor of Applied Arts in Sport Management
- Master of Arts in Sport Administration
Learn more about:
- Graduate Assistantship Applications are now available. Click below to download the 2013-2014 applications. Graduate assistantship application.
- Contact the department secretary for information. 989-774-2026