Merchant Services provides information, resources and guidance about accepting payments via credit cards.
Procedures for setting up a merchant site
Accepting payments with a terminal
- Short-Term/Temporary Basis - Accepting payments for goods or services for a few weeks or months (e.g. conference, seminar, event, etc.)
- Ongoing/Permanent Basis - Accepting payments for goods or services that you will be providing indefinitely or longer than 1 year.
Accepting payments online using CMU's online credit card acceptance vendor
- Online Payments - Accepting payments online for goods or services for a few weeks or months (e.g.. conference, seminar, event, etc.) OR on an ongoing basis.
Credit card sites
The following sites provide helpful information on fraud protection, data security, chargeback information and operating regulations and rules.
- Cardholder Data vs Payment Data (PDF)
- Credit Card Responsibility Template (DOC)
- CMU Payment Card Security Awareness Training
- CMU Policy on Accepting Credit Card Payments (PDF)
- CMU Merchant Account Manager Training Videos (log-in required)
- CMU Merchant Sites Security Guidelines (DOC)
- Credit Card Security Awareness Program (PDF)
- Credit Card Incident Response Plan (PDF)
- Fiserv Merchant Services website
- Fiserv Payment Acceptance Guide (PDF)
- Merchant Account Manager Responsibilities (PDF)
- New Merchant Site Request Form (Coming soon)
- PCI Security Standards website