Past Due Payment Plan Application
We work diligently to assist students with resolving past-due accounts before they are transferred to an outside collection agency where additional costs apply and balances may be reported to the credit bureaus.
A past-due payment plan agreement allows for payment of a past-due balance to be made in monthly installments. A $40.00 non-refundable fee is required. Payments may be scheduled for monthly withdrawal on one of four available dates of your choosing.
Apply today! Please review our terms and conditions below then follow this link to request extended payment terms.
Terms and conditions
- Payments made under a past-due payment plan agreement may be used to pay past-due and/or current charges on a Central Michigan University billing account.
- New charges are separate of this agreement and must be paid on their published due date(s).
- Late fees in accordance with university policy will still be assessed and included with monthly payments.
- A hold preventing registration, the release of official transcripts and access to some university services will remain until the balance is paid in full.
- Unless otherwise approved, payments will be automatically deducted on a recurring monthly due date.
- It is the responsibility of the student/payer to keep the university informed of updates to your address and other contact information.
- Late, missed and returned payments may result in immediate termination of the agreement and placement of the account with an outside collection agency, at which time all applicable collection fees will be assessed and the account will be reported to the credit bureaus.
- A $25 fee will be assessed for returned (paper and electronic) check payments.
- Failure to meet the terms of the agreement may result in a requirement to pay in advance for future charges made to a university account.
- Information in addition to that requested in the application linked to below may be required before an agreement is approved. All applications are subject to review and approval by Student Account Services and University Billing.
- Circumstances resulting in additional extensions of sixty days or more or revision of scheduled payments may require the establishment of a new agreement, at which time an additional $40.00 administrative fee will be due.
- Automated correspondence generated for past-due accounts may continue throughout the duration of a past-due payment plan agreement. Once an agreement is confirmed and if it remains in good standing, these notices may be disregarded.
- Payments are deducted on a scheduled basis. If you pay your account in full prior to an agreement's scheduled end date, you must contact our office at email@example.com to cancel the remainder of the payment series.