What to Expect at an Appeal
Students are encouraged to read Section 5.4 of the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities and Disciplinary Procedures for a complete description of Appeals.
Appeals Board members
The Appeals Board consists of the Student Government Association President or designee, the Chairperson of the Academic Senate or designee, and the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs or designee and must participate in the appropriate training sessions regarding the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities and Disciplinary Proceedings.
Appeals Board procedures
- The Appeals Board will present the opening statement which will include the following:
- People present
- The charge and the sanction
- The party requesting the appeal should present their position related to the finding(s) and/or sanction(s)
- The other party will present their position related to the finding(s) and/or sanction(s)
- The Appeals Board may ask questions
- The Appeals Board deliberates