Audit A Course
When auditing a course, keep in mind:
- No credit is granted for the course when auditing.
- Credit will be included in the total credit taken for the semester.
- Tuition and fees are assessed accordingly for the course.
- A student must obtain approval before registration by the department chairperson of the department offering the course. The student's responsibility in the course being audited is determined by the department chair and the instructor of the course.
- Submit the signed Audit Request Form to the Registrar's Office before the deadline. View the credit/no credit deadlines.
- No changes to audit a course or change back from auditing a course are permitted after the deadline.
Senior citizen audit program
We have a program to promote life-long learning and diversity on campus. This program allows senior citizens to attend on-campus undergraduate classes, on an audit basis only, at no charge.
- Must be age 60 or above.
- Michigan resident (have lived in Michigan for at least one year).
- Space must be available in the course or approved by the department.
- Instructor approval is required.
- The grading option is "Audit" only (no credit will be earned and does not count towards a degree).
- Application fee
- Tuition rates for undergraduate on-campus courses
- Special course fees
- Parking fees - contact Parking Services at 989-774-3083
- Class supplies
- Student CHIP I.D. Card – contact Central Card Office at 989-774-3484.
- Registered for three or more credit hours, the student is eligible for SAC membership at a student cost of $60 per semester.
Senior citizen students are guests of Central Michigan University and have the obligation of acting responsibly while on-campus and respecting the rights of other students, faculty, and staff.