More about Brian Dejong
Publications & Presentations
- Yelamarthi, K., DeJong, B.P., Kaya, T., Chen, D., Prewett, M., (2017) Engaging Secondary School Teachers in Engineering Design: Lessons Learned and Assessment of a Research Experience for Teachers Program, International Journal of Engineering Education, vol. 33, no. 5, 699-1709.
- DeJong B., Karadogan E., Yelamarthi K., Hasbany J., (2016) Design and Analysis of a Four-pendulum Omnidirectional Spherical Robot. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems.
- DeJong, B. P., Yelamarthi, K., Kaya, T. (2016) An Engineering Research Program for High School Science Teachers: Year Two Changes and Results. Journal of STEM Education: Innovations and Research, 17(1).
- DeJong, B. P., Wilson, D. M. (2014). Recruitment of Technology Students from Freshman Engineering: A Collaborative Pedagogy Change. Journal of Engineering Technology, 31(1), 8-17.
- DeJong, B. P. (2014). Two- and Three-dimensional Auditory Occupancy Grids with a Mobile Robot. International Journal of Robotics and Automation, 29(1).
- Yelamarthi, K., Kaya, T., DeJong, B. P., Chen, M.-S., Hu, Q., Cheng, S. (2013). A Engineering Research Program for High School Science Teachers: Feedback and Lessons Learned from the Pilot Implementation. The Technology Interface International Journal, 13(2), 49-60.
- DeJong, B. P. (2012). Auditory Occupancy Grids with a Mobile Robot. Journal of Automation, Mobile Robotics and Intelligent Systems, 6(3), 3-12.
- DeJong, B. P., Langenderfer, J. E. (2012). First-Year Engineering Students in Newly Accredited Programs: Enrollment and Persistence Demographics. International Journal of Engineering Education, 28(3), 534-544.
- DeJong, B. P., Colgate, J. E., Peshkin, M. A. (2011). A Cyclic Robot for Lower Limb Exercise. ASME Journal of Medical Devices, 5(3).
- DeJong, B. P., Faulring, E. L., Colgate, J. E., Peshkin, M. A., Kang, H., Park, Y.-S., Ewing, T. F. (2006). Lessons Learned from an Internet Teleoperation Testbed. Industrial Robot: An International Journal, 33(3), 187-193.
Credentials, Certifications & Awards
- Central Michigan University’s Excellence in Teaching Award, 2019
- Michigan Science Teachers Association’s College School Science Teacher of the Year, 2018
- College of Science & Technology’s Award for Outstanding Teaching, 2010
- Industrial Robot’s Highly Commended Paper Award, 2007.
- PHD, Northwestern University, 2007. On Cyclic Robots for the Lower Limb
- MS, Northwestern University, 2003. Improving Teleoperation Interfaces: Creation of a Testbed and Thinking Inside the Box
- BS, Calvin College, 2001. Engineering, Mechanical Concentration, International, With Honors
- Robotics – spherical robots, mechanisms, sound localization
- Engineering Education
- Introduction to Engineering
- Statics, Dynamics, Mechanisms
- Vibrations, Controls
- Engineering Economics