More about Christi Brookes
Publications & Presentations
- The French Face of Nathaniel Hawthorne: Monsieur de l’Aubépine and his Second Empire Critics. Columbus, OH: Ohio State UP, 2011. Written with Michael Anesko.
- “South of the 49th Parallel: Denis Villeneuve's Sicario (2015)" Québec Studies 65 (June 2018): 149-167.
- "Our Cousins in the New World: Celebrating Mexico in the French Alps” in Place and Locality in Modern France, eds. Philip Whalen and Patrick Young. New York: Bloomsbury Academic, 2014. 137-47.
- “Hawking Cossacks, Selling Tsarinas: Russia in French Advertisement, 1856-1894,” Modern and Contemporary France 21 (November 2013): 1-20.
- “Le Carnet de voyage en Russie d'Henri Vever. Une source inédite pour l'étude des rapports franco-russes à la Belle Époque,” in La France et les Français en Russie: Nouvelles sources et approches (1815-1917). Paris: Éditions de l’École Nationale des Chartes, 2012. 245-260. Co-authored with Willa Z. Silverman.
- Ph.D., French Civilization, The Pennsylvania State University, 2004
- M.A., French, The Pennsylvania State University, 1998
- BA, French, University of Arizona, 1996
Border and transnational studies; French cultural history; history of the book; nineteenth-century France, transatlantic studies.
- Elementary French I & II
- Intermediate French I & II
- Advanced French I & II
- Introduction to French Civilization
- France Today
- Advanced French Composition and Conversation
- Modern Paris
- French Culture Web Pages: The French in Michigan
- French Popular Culture
- France at War in the Twentieth Century
- Contemporary French Visions of the United States