Publications & Presentations
- Ferkel, R.C., Allen, H.R., True, L., & Hulteen, R. (2018). Split-week programming for secondary physical education: Inducing behavioral change for lifetime fitness. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation & Dance, 89(8), 11-22.
- Allen, R., Mackey, M., & Rollenhagen, B. (2016). What lifelong activities are held in highest regard by physical education stakeholders? Can stakeholders agree? A Delphi study. Physical Educator, 73, 136-160.
- Allen, R., Pulling, A.R., Alpert, A.L., & Jackman, E. (2014). A portfolio approach to impacting physically active lifestyles. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation & Dance, 85(5), 30-37.
- Pulling, A.R. & Allen, R. (2014). The impact of a peer-tutoring course on skill performance, assessment and instruction in a physical education teacher preparation program. Physical Educator, 71. 344-362.
- Allen, R., Mackey, M. & Rollenhagen, B. (in press). What lifelong activities are held in highest regard by physical education stakeholders? Can stakeholders agree? A Delphi study. Physical Educator.
- Practical assessment procedures for documenting growth in physical education.
- Physical education and sport programming - design and evaluation of programs.
- Bicycle Curricula - impacting cycling safety and monitoring ADHS.
- PES 215: K-12 Physical Education Programming
- PES 304: Youth Sport and Diverse Populations
- PES 415: Planning, Teaching, and Assessing: Practical Applications