Kendra Miller is an ASL Instructor for Level I and Level III students. She coordinates community placement opportunities for students within the Deaf community and leads the Jamaica Study Abroad Service-Learning course. She has been the clinical social worker-services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing person for Community Mental Health for Central Michigan. She has provided psychosocial rehabilitation services to clients with chronic mental illnesses along with providing clinical interventions to individuals and families with mental illness, serious emotional disturbance and/or issues related to deafness. Kendra has taught parenting classes and sign language skills to parents, mentored Deaf children to increase social skills, and educated families about community resources and accessibility issues.
Credentials, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
- MSW, Social Work, Michigan State University, 2000
- BS, Therapeutic Recreation, Central Michigan University, 1995
- ASL 101: American Sign Language, Level I
- ASL 201: American Sign Language, Level III
- ASL 595: Community Placements with Deaf Children and Adults