DE BRESTIAN, SCOTT
Associate Professor - Art History
Dr. de Brestian got his BA in Archaeology from Boston University and his MA and PhD in Art History and Archaeology from the University of Missouri. He is co-director of the Najerilla Valley Research Project, an international multidisciplinary project that is examining changes in urbanization, rural settlement, art and architecture in the upper Ebro valley of Spain between the 1st century BCE and the 15th century CE.
Publications & Presentations
“Material Culture in the Etymologies of Isidore of Seville,” Journal of Late Antiquity 11 #1 (Spring 2018) 216-231.
“A Preliminary Study of the Jewish Quarters, Nájera (La Rioja), Spain” Journal of Medieval Iberian Studies 10 #3 (2018) 324-40.
MA: 1997, University of Missouri-Columbia
BA: 1994, Boston University
• Roman & Early Medieval Spain
- Introduction to Western Art I
- Greek Art and Architecture
- Roman Art and Architecture
- Digital Art History and Archaeology
- Egyptian and Near Eastern Art
- Islamic Art
- Early Christian and Byzantine Art
- Western Medieval Art
- Seminar in Ancient Art History
- The Methods of Art History
- Art History Capstone