More about Terence Lerch
Publications & Presentations
- T.P. Lerch, “Ultrasonic thickness measurement of nonporous membranes with long wavelengths,”, Ultrasonics 113 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultras.2021.106370
- T.P. Lerch, “A noncontact method for determining surface density of nonporous materials with the limp-wall mass law,” Applied Acoustics 101, 39-46 (2016).
- T. P.Lerch (2015), Determination of surface density of nonporous membranes with air-coupled ultrasound, to appear in Review of Progress in QNDE, American Institute of Physics, Melville NY.
- Periyaswamy, T.P. Lerch, T. P., Balasubramanian, K. (2011), Noncontact Ultrasonic for Rapid and Advanced Analysis of Fibrous Materials, Review of Progress in QNDE, 31, American Institute of Physics, 1041.
- Kinnicutt, P. G., Domina, T., MacGillivray, M. S., Lerch, T. P. (2010). Knit-in 3D mapping's effect on thermoregulation: preliminary results. Journal of the Textile Institute, 101(2), 120-127.
- Domina, T., Kinnicutt, P. G., MacGillivray, M. S., Lerch, T. P. (2009). New tools for mass customization: 2d/3d body mapping. AATCC Review, 9(1), 38-41.
- Soni, K., Chen, M.-S., Lerch, T. P. (2009). Parameterization of Prismatic Shapes and Reconstruction of Free-form Shapes in Reverse Engineering. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 41(9), 948-959.
- Lerch, T. P., Harder, D. L., MacGillivray, M. S., Domina, T., Kinnicutt, P. G. (2009). The body silhouette: A new data processing technique for point cloud data generated by a 3D laser body scanner. (ed., vol. 2009-01-2299, pp. 6). Gotenberg, Sweden: SAE International. www.sae.org
- Kinnicutt, P., Domina, T., MacGillivray, M., and Lerch, T.P., “Towards Mass-Customizable Next-to-Skin Apparel,” 2007 World Conference on Mass Customization & Personalization, Cambridge, MA, Oct. 7-9, 2007
- Domina, T., Kinnicutt, P., MacGillivray, M., and Lerch, T. P., “2D/3D Thermal Mapping for the Development of Mass-Customizable NTS Apparel,” American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists, Charleston, SC, Oct. 3-5, 2007
- MacGillivray, M., Domina, T., Lerch, T. P., and Kinnicutt, P., “Engineering Design Process –an Interdisciplinary Approach,” Proceedings of theInternational Conference on Engineering Education, Coimbra, Portugal, Sept. 3-7, 2007
- Soni, K., Chen, D., and Lerch, T.P., “Parameterization of Prismatic Shapes and Reconstruction of Free-Form Shapes in Reverse Engineering,” Submitted to International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology in June, 2007
- Kinnicutt, P. Domina, T., Lerch, T. P., and MacGillivray, M., “Collaborative Teamwork Exploring the Development of Mass-Customizable Next-to-Skin Apparel,” Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, Melbourne, Australia, 252-257, April 26-28, 2007
- Lerch, T. P., MacGillivray, M., and Domina, T., “3D Laser Scanning: A Model of Multidisciplinary Research,” accepted to the Journal of Textile, Apparel, Technology and Management
- Cepel, R., Ho, K. C., Rinker, B. A., Palmer, D. D., Lerch, T. P., and Neal, S. P., “Spatial Correlation Coefficient Images for Ultrasonic Detection,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectronics, and Frequency Control, 54 (9), 1841-50, 2007
- Lerch, T. P., Cepel, R. C., and Neal, S. P., “Attenuation Coefficient Estimation Using Experimental Diffraction Corrections with Multiple Interface Reflections,” Ultrasonics 44 (1) 83-92, 2006
- Lerch, T. P., and Raman, G., “Ultrasonic Waves Reflected from Finite-Sized Shapes with Simple Curvatures,” Review of Progress in QNDE, Vol. 24A, eds., D.O. Thompson and D.E. Chimenti, American Institute of Physics, p. 67, 2005
- Raman, Giridhar and Lerch, T. P., “Ultrasonic Beam Models: Simplification of a Computational Method,” Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering Conference CD-ROM, May 16-20, 2004. Abstract and paper were peer-reviewed
- Lerch, T. P., “Infusing Team-Based Learning in a Traditional Engineering Technology Course,” Lilly North Conference – The Arts and Crafts of Teaching: Creating Learning Environments that Work, September 19-21, 2003. Manuscript published atwww.facit.cmich.edu/lilly
- Rinker, B. A., Jamieson, E. E., Samayoa, J. A., Abein, T. G, Lerch, T. P. and Neal, S. P., “Detection of Weak Interface Signals for Same Material Bond/Weld Inspection,” Review in Progress in QNDE, Vol. 22, eds. D.O. Thompson and D.E. Chimenti, American Institute of Physics, p. 1080, 2003
- Lerch, T.P., Neal, S.P., “Attenuation Coefficient Estimation Using Equivalent Diffraction Points with Multiple Interface Reflections,” Review of Progress in QNDE, Vol. 22, eds., D.O. Thompson and D.E. Chimenti, American Institute of Physics, 1759-1766, 2003
Credentials, Certifications & Awards
Honors and awards
- CMU College of Science and Technology Outstanding Teaching Award (Nominee), 2005
- CMU Excellence in Teaching Award (Nominee), 2003
- National Research Council Associateship Award, 1997-1999
- Boeing Graduate Fellowship, 1995
- Iowa State Center for NDE Fellowship, 1991-1994
- Ph.D., Iowa State University, 1996
- B.S./M.S. Rochester Institute of Technology, 1991
- Solid Mechanics Lab
- Strength of Materials
- Senior Design