Theresa Jones, is the Director of Clinical Instruction and Speech/Language Services. She has been in Speech-Language Pathologist for 35 years and a clinical educator for 13 years. She received her Master’s Degree from Howard University and her Bachelor's degree from Northwestern University in Speech-Language Pathology.
More about Theresa Jones
Publications & Presentations
- Affoo, Rebecca H.; Bruner, Justin L.; Dietsch, Angela M.; Nellenbach, Ciara E.; Jones, Theresa M.; and Lehman, Mark E. (2020) "The Impact of Active Learning in a Speech-Language Pathology Swallowing and Dysphagia Course," Teaching and Learning in Communication Sciences & Disorders: Vol. 4 : Iss. 2 , Article 4.
- Using SQF to Focus on the Big Picture: Providing Feedback to Support Clinical Education, Strong, K, Bates, J, Hillenbrand, K, Jones, T & Hicks, K. ASHA Convention 2017 (session Number 1728), Los Angeles, CA.
- Co-presenter: Continuing the Conversation: Issues in Clinical Education at the 2017 MSHA Conference in Troy, MI.
- MSHA: Facilitated: Managing Clinic Scheduling: Clinical Grading Systems, KASA, Clinic Scheduling and Telepractice at MidWest Clinic Directors Conference, Grand Rapids, MI, January 20, 2017.
- Presented: Sensory Integration: Overview for Speech/Language Pathologists to Speech and Hearing Club of CMU, November 2001.
- Presented Sensory Integration Overview for SCEC of CMU, April 2002.
Credentials, Certifications & Awards
- Certificate of Clinical Competence for Speech-Language Pathologists (CCC-SLP)
- MS, Speech-Language Pathology, Howard University, 1987
- BS, Speech-Language Pathology, Northwestern University, 1984
- Clinical instruction
- Multicultural aspects of communication
- Infant and toddler programming
Membership in Professional Organizations
- American Speech/Language and Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Michigan Speech/Language and Hearing Association (MSHA)
Current Licenses/Certifications Held
- Holder, Speech-Language Pathology, State of Michigan
- SLP 749S: Clinical Practicum in Speech-Language Pathology
- SLP 795: Internship