Education is always changing, perhaps never as quickly as today. Prepare for an instructional leadership role and take the next step in your career through our Masters in Educational Leadership degree program. Acquire your Michigan administrator Certification and get the skills to help transform schools, and improve educational outcomes for students.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
You'll use performance-based learning to develop your instructional leadership skills in this engaging program. When you graduate, you'll be equipped with data-informed best practices and an academic understanding of what it takes to build transformational school culture.
This program is aimed at professional educators looking to become school administrators (certification option) or for individuals seeking to increase their preparation toward an advanced degree in education (thesis option). In it, you'll take courses such as:
- The Principalship.
- Using Research for Leading School Improvement.
- Public School Law.
- School and Community Relations.
This program is fully online and taught in the evenings, so you can continue your career while you prepare for your next opportunity. This program prepares certification candidates for the Michigan Administrator Certification at the building level (Elementary and Secondary certification). A certification Fast Track option for educators who currently hold a master's degree is also available. Please contact an advisor for details.
Central Michigan University is CAEP accredited.
As a student in the educational leadership master's program, you'll become part of Michigan's leading education program:
- Ranked among the top online graduate programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- We confer 700 master's degrees in teaching every year, more than any other college in Michigan.
- Accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
- Students who complete this program can apply to the Michigan Department of Education to receive initial administrative certification (a requirement for principals).
Careers & Outcomes
Prepare for a leadership position in all educational settings: public, private, charter, and virtual schools, educational service providers, authorizers, government programs, community education, preschools, day cares, corporate, and military.
|School Athletic Director||$58,906|
|Elementary & Secondary School Administrator||$63,712|