Take your research and development career to the next level or prepare for competitive doctoral programs. Our master’s degree in engineering offers both breadth and depth in a range of engineering topics. A variety of research opportunities will give you the experience you need to stand out in the job market.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
In our engineering master's program, you'll work directly with faculty in a way usually reserved for PhD programs. Our MS students publish multiple scholarly articles as first authors – a testament to the quality of the research.
Our program allows you the opportunity to study a wide variety of engineering fields. These include biomechanics, biomaterials, embedded systems, and robotics.
You'll learn advanced engineering knowledge and be able to analyze and solve complex problems. You'll master the design and execution of research experiments. You'll also boost your critical thinking and communication skills.
Unlike most master's programs that require self-support, we offer many opportunities for our students to help fund their degrees by working as teaching assistants or research assistants.
With your MS in engineering from CMU you will be better prepared:
- For a higher-level job in industry, particularly those in research in development.
- For high level doctoral programs by further developing your engineering skills.
- To conduct the research and disseminating the results to a variety of professional audiences, and completing a thesis.
Graduates from our MS in engineering program are currently making a difference in the world:
- Baha El Far is currently an Engineer at Rivian
- Najmus Saquib Sifat is currently an Instructor at the Military Institute of Science
- Md Dayedul Aman is currently an Application Analyst at Exterran
- Anam Mahmud is currently an Embedded Software Engineer at John Deere
- Fatin Haque is currently a Software Engineer at Tata Consultancy Services
- Mudasser Khan is currently an Engineer at Alcon
- Nabeel Ahmed is currently an Engineer at Johnson & Johnson
- Hafiz Hamza is currently an Engineer at FEUER Powertrain
Careers & Outcomes
Graduates of the Engineering master’s degree program at CMU gain the knowledge and skills to solve problems and innovate with many career opportunities.
|Industrial/Mechanical Engineering Technician||$39,064|