Big data can lead to big insights. You can be a data hero by extracting valuable insights from data sets. Explore our one-year graduate certificate program in data mining. Gain advanced knowledge on the application of data mining. Learn essentials for working with and analyzing big data, skills much in demand in industries and organizations around the world.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
Valuable insights are often tucked away in data. Gain the knowledge and skills to find them and become a data expert with this interdepartmental graduate certificate.
Data mining is a practical skill you can apply any time you need to collect, analyze and generate insights from large sets of information.
This graduate certificate includes courses from:
- the Department of Statistics, Actuarial and Data Sciences.
- the Department of Computer Science.
- the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies.
As a student in the data mining graduate degree program, you’ll:
- Learn both basic and advanced data mining techniques.
- Explore statistical analysis, including programming and the application of statistical models.
- Learn how to manage and work with data effectively and efficiently.
Careers & Outcomes
With a graduate certificate in data mining from CMU, you can use your valuable knowledge and skills in a variety of roles, depending on your main area of interest or profession.
|Financial Quantitative Analyst||$95,570|
|Data Analyst (General)||$72,247|
|Strategic Marketing Analyst||$72,119|