It's all about the technology. Businesses that employ artificial intelligence, machine learning and other emerging technologies rely on computer expertise to forge the future. Prepare for a career in high-tech with a computer science master’s degree from CMU. Join this comprehensive program and study computer architecture, software engineering, network security, computer graphics, database management and more.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
Computer pros with a solid understanding of today’s most impactful digital innovations will lead in their field. In our computer science program you’ll explore the most relevant technologies that will forge the future.
Study areas include artificial intelligence, software engineering, data modeling, cloud computing, big data, databases and security. Other areas of study include pattern recognition and image processing. Projects typically involve the application of Java, Python, C/C++, R or other programming languages to concepts and problems.
With this program, you’ll be ready to move up into advanced professional positions across the U.S. and around the world.
Take exciting hands-on courses as you prepare for a rewarding profession in many computer-related careers and industries.
- Learn from distinguished faculty with practical expertise in a variety of computer science fields.
- Gain more experience and use the special-purpose labs running advanced software applications.
- Have access to UNIX and LINUX workstation labs as well as the CMU Center for Software Development.
- Gain hands-on experience and develop skills using the special-purpose labs running advanced software applications.
- Participate in faculty-driven research on interesting technology areas such as machine learning, data mining, social media and computer security.
Careers & Outcomes
CMU graduates have found fulfilling and high-paying careers in industry, business and government as programmers, systems engineers, software designers and consultants.
|Senior Data Scientist||$100,910|