A new generation of math students deserves a new generation of math teachers. Our doctoral program in mathematical sciences gives you the experience you'll need to lead a college math classroom. Every doctoral student participates in two semester-long teaching internships.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
As part of our close-knit mathematical sciences program, you'll receive more than the personal attention you'd expect from small classes. You'll also get intensive training needed to lead a college classroom. Every doctoral candidate participates in a pair of semester-long teaching internships, during which you'll teach upper-level math classes under the supervision of an experienced faculty member.
If you're planning on a career in business or industry, you'll complete a professional internship to gain work experience in that setting.
As a doctoral student, you can:
- Hear from a wide range of expert speakers through our active colloquium program.
- Explore topics beyond your required coursework through graduate student seminars.
- Join a research group and participate in projects in the science and engineering departments, other universities, and industry.
There's never been a greater need to give students math skills. The mathematical sciences program ensures that we'll create a generation of faculty members equipped to do so.
As a doctoral candidate in our mathematical sciences program, you will:
- Build your pedagogical skills along with your research. Every student takes a full year of classes to learn how to teach college-level math.
- Participate in two semester-long teaching internships, where you'll teach math under the supervision of an experienced faculty member.
- Get the kind of experience to prepare you for a career. Since 2000, more than 50 students have graduated from this program, taking jobs in 20+ states and 6+ countries.
Careers & Outcomes
As a graduate of the mathematical sciences program, you'll be well prepared to become a faculty member at a college or university, or pursue corporate work.
|Data Analyst (General)||$72,247|
|Financial Quantitative Analyst||$99,596|