Skip to main content

International Student Housing

Welcome to your new home at Central Michigan University!

We offer on-campus housing options for both undergraduate and graduate international students.

Central Michigan University's residency policy requires that first- and second-year undergraduate students live on campus. 

All undergraduate students living in the residence halls are required to select from one of our residential meal plans.

Housing options for international students

Our East Community offers two different layouts. Emmons, Herrig, Saxe, and Woldt Halls offer a four-person, two-bedroom, two-bathroom, one common room suites available to first-year, transfer, returning year 2 and returning year 3+ students. Celani and Fabiano halls offer a four-person, four-bedroom, two-bathroom, one common room, air-conditioned suites available to transfer, returning year 2 and returning year 3+ students.

Discover East Community

Our Graduate Housing apartments offer one-, two- and four-bedroom units. Each unit has a kitchen, living room, individual bedrooms, 1-2 bathrooms, in-unit laundry and air-conditioning.

Discover Graduate Apartments

Short term housing for international graduate students will be in the North Community, Larzelere Hall.

All rooms will be four-person room occupancy (2 students per room) on the second and third floors and double occupancy (1 student per room) on the terrace and first floors.

Four-person room occupancy (2 students per room) will be billed at $1,210 per semester ($11 daily rate).

Double occupancy (1 student per room) will be billed at $1,430 per semester ($13 daily rate).

Students are expected to remain in the halls for a semester to transition to CMU and depart to other housing options, on-campus or off, by the standard move out dates.

Students must be enrolled at least 6 hours at the graduate student level to be eligible for international student orientation housing.

Email Residence Life to Apply

How to apply

To gain access to our online housing application, please contact our office at Please include your student ID and full name.