Skip to main content

Transportation and Parking for Students with Disabilities

Central Michigan University does not provide personal transportation services and all students are responsible for getting to class.

Area scooter rental

While CMU doesn’t provide personal devices like scooters, a lot of our students with transportation needs have been able to rent a scooter from Airway Oxygen, Inc. or Sparrow Medical Supply in Mount Pleasant. It's the student's responsibility to reach out for pricing and availability.

Public transportation

Isabella County has a bus system called I-Ride that may be helpful. For shuttle schedules and locations, please visit I-RIDE.

Disability parking

For temporary disability parking needs, you may request a temporary permit from CMU’s Parking Services. You will need appropriate documentation from your doctor. For more information regarding parking, please visit the CMU Parking Services website.