What types of leave are available to me?
- Family and Medical Leave - Employees are eligible for a family medical leave (FML) if they have been employed by CMU for at least twelve (12) months and have worked at least one thousand, two hundred and fifty (1,250) hours during the twelve (12) month period immediately preceding the date on which the leave commences.
- Maternity and Parental Leave - New parents are eligible for paid and unpaid time off when planning to welcome a new child by birth, adoption, foster care or legal guardianship.
- Non-FML Medical Leave - Leaves with or without pay may be granted for employees who are not eligible for Family and Medical Leave.
- Workers' Compensation Leave - Employees/student employees with a possible work related injury should report it to the Workers’ Compensation Office by calling 989-774-7177.
- Personal Leave - Leaves without pay may be granted for personal reasons such as education, settlement of an estate, adoption or placement of a child, serious health condition of a family member, but not for the purpose of obtaining employment elsewhere.
- Military Leave - The University will comply with state and federal laws regarding leaves and/or reinstatement rights for employees who volunteer for military service.
- Michigan Paid Medical Leave - Pursuant to the Michigan Paid Medical Leave Act (MPMLA), the University has expanded the relationships and occasions for which benefit-eligible staff can use sick time.