The MHA prepares you for entry-, mid- and senior-level healthcare positions depending on your prior experience. These positions require visionary individuals skilled in strategic and critical thinking as they manage and lead a wide array of healthcare organizations. Possible careers include: hospital administrator, long-term care director, group practice manager, senior department manager, and community and public health managers.
Online. Main Campus and select CMU Centers may be available in the future.
Number of Credits
Standard Graduate Course Rate
Federal employee discount link:
Military discount link:
Application Check List
- Online application at our Global Campus website.
- Application fee
- Official transcripts to CMU
- Professional résumé
- Three letters of reference
- Personal statement
- TOEFL iBT scores if you are from a non-English speaking country
Required Courses (45 hours)*
- HSL 611 Healthcare Administration and Ethical Compliance
- HSL 621 Healthcare Operations and Structures
- HSL 631 Healthcare Law, Compliance and Risk Management
- HSL 641 Healthcare Economics and Policy Implication
- HSL 651 Fundamentals of Healthcare Finance
- HSL 661 Healthcare Planning and Marketing
- MGT 643 Human Resource Management
- MHA 601 Statistics for Health Professionals
- MHA 602 Managerial Epidemiology
- MHA 603 Health Informatics and Quality Improvement
- MHA 604 Quantitative Decision-Making for Health Administration
- MHA 605 International Health Systems, Policy and Administration
- MSA 601 Organizational Dynamics and Human Behavior
- MSA 602 Financial Analysis, Planning and Control
- MSA 603 Strategic Planning for the Administrator
Other Requirements (6 hours)*
Select one of the following in consultation with an academic advisor.
- MHA 697 Health Administration Field Experience
- MHA 698 Health Administration Graduate Thesis
- MHA 699 Health Administration Internship**
*Courses are subject to change.
**The six-credit hour internship is required of those with little or no experience in health administration.
Request More Information
If you would like more information regarding the Master of Health Administration Degree, either on campus or online, please follow our REQUEST FOR INFORMATION link and fill in the required information and a representative will reach out to you with further information that will meet your needs. For main campus questions, call 989-774-1196 or email MHA@cmich.edu.