1098T forms are available as a self-service function in CentralLink. Click on "My Account" and then the "1098T Self Service" link under the Finances heading.
PREPARING FOR 2015-2016
Students and parents may begin the financial aid application process for 2015-2016 on January 1, 2015 by completing an online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov CMU's Federal Title IV school code is 002243. You must have your federal PIN number(s) to sign the FAFSA. Each student and parent of a dependent student must have an individual PIN. If you filed the FAFSA online for 2014-2015 use the same PIN. If you have lost your PIN, or need to get one, you may do so online at www.PIN.ed.gov.
FINANCIAL AID FOR SUMMER 2015
On-campus students interested in financial aid for summer school attendance must complete a CMU Summer Financial Aid Application. If you are studying abroad summer 2015 and wish to use financial aid to assist with your expenses you will need to complete the Summer Study Abroad Financial Aid Application. Summer financial aid application deadline is July 23.
CMU MERIT SCHOLARSHIP RENEWAL
Once a student enrolls a CMU with a merit scholarship(s), there are certain criteria that must be met to renew the scholarship:
- A student must be enrolled full time (12 credits or more) each semester as a degree seeking student. Waitlisted courses do not count toward official enrollment.
- Students must earn 30 new credit hours each academic year (excluding summer semester). CLEP, AP, IB and dual enrolled credits do not count toward the 30 new credit hours.
- Merit scholarships are renewable for three consecutive years (8 semesters total) or to the point where the student has completed degree requirements for their first bachelor's degree; whichever comes first. Undergraduate students who graduate in less than 8 semesters forfeit their remaining scholarship eligibility.
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 at CMU. Scholarship renewal will be reviewed on an annual basis at the end of each spring semester.
- If a student chooses to attend another college or university or withdraws from CMU, the scholarship is forfeited.
- If a student defers their admission for up to one year (due to reasons other than enrolling at another college or university), the scholarship(s) may be deferred to the new entry term. Students must submit a formal deferral request, in writing to the CMU Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- If a student accepts a CMU scholarship that covers the full cost of attendance, the higher award takes the place of all other scholarships. Subsequently, if a student does not meet the renewal criteria for the scholarship that covers full cost, or decides not to continue with that scholarship program, they cannot "reclaim" the other scholarship.
SCHOLARSHIP SCAM NOTICE
It has come to our attention that several CMU students have recently received mailings from "The Student Financial Resource Center". These mailings request that the student submit a "Student Aid Profile Form" along with a processing fee. Please note that this company is not affiliated with Central Michigan University or Federal Student Aid. The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid advises students and parents to avoid any financial aid applications that require a fee. ACTIVATING STUDENT LOANS
How to activate a Student Loan - A video tutorial may be found by clicking on the following link: http://podcast.cmich.edu:8171/2012-07-02/Loan+Activation+Vid.m4v FEDERAL DIRECT STUDENT LOAN DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS
Students receiving a Federal Direct Loan will receive a Disclosure Statement from the Federal Loan Origination Center for each new loan. The disclosure statement will provide comprehensive information about the types of loans, loan amounts, the loan period, and anticipated disbursement dates. Save every Disclosure Statement for reference.
WHY WE ASK FOR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS
While CMU does not require your Social Security number for admission consideration, it is necessary for applicants who wish to be considered for financial aid and Hope Scholarship/Lifetime Learning tax credit to provide a Social Security number to the university. To protect your privacy, your Social Security number will not be used as your CMU student identification number.
NET PRICE CALCULATOR
Based on the information you provide, this calculator will estimate your total out of pocket expenses as well as provide you with resources to help finance your education.
For the calculator - Click Here
Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
School Code 002243