NOTICE: 3/23/2020 - Faculty Personnel Services staff, in support of Governor Whitmer's executive order to shelter-in-place, is working remotely to support our faculty delivering classes online for CMU students. FPS staff continues to be available by email and telephone, which can be found here.
SPECIAL NOTICE GRADUATE ASSISTANTS:
Unless a GA is specifically identified by their supervisor as an employee whose duties are essential to the continuity of operations for CMU, that GA is directed to stay at home in support of the Governor's executive order. At present, GA stipends will continue and will not be interrupted. Additionally, the University provided tuition benefit will remain unimpacted for the remainder of the semester.
- GAs providing remote instruction (Teaching GAs) will continue to work in that capacity.
- GAs working as Administrative GAs will be informed by their supervisor if they are:
- Working remotely, or
- On leave subsequent to the Stay Home Stay Safe Executive Order.
- Research GAs who are working in support of essential functions will be informed of such by their supervisor.
- Where a Research GA is designated essential, that GA will be specifically identified and given notice by their supervisor.
- Where a Research GA cannot work remotely or is not designated as essential to the continuity of CMU operations, that employee will be on leave subsequent to the Stay Home Stay Safe Executive Order.
Graduate Assistants should communicate directly with their supervisor regarding their status as "essential" under Governor Whitmer's executive order.
The primary purpose of Faculty Personnel Services (FPS) is to facilitate personnel and employee relation functions in a fair and consistent manner. We administer the implementation of, and compliance with, our academic collective bargaining Agreements with faculty and graduate assistants and administer CMU academic policies and procedures. As part of the Academic Division, FPS provides advice, support, training and professional education to the academic community. Our core constituency includes the president, provost, deans, department chairpersons, their staffs, and most importantly, our faculty and graduate assistants.
CMU Update on Coronavirus
Employment Verifications are now processed through i2Verify
Right to Work - FAQs