Content Delivery in Multiple Modalities
Here, you’ll learn about how to get started with Flipped Learning, a variation of blended learning well suited for the HyFlex instructional modality.
Flipped Learning is a model of blended learning in which content delivery is provided outside of class (often online) and application activities are the focus of in-class time. Some benefits focus on communications and a requirement for accountability (Rotellar & Cain, 2016).
In this video, we share a few techniques to engage learners in a bi-modal classroom using practical, active learning strategies.
Transforming your Blackboard Shell to Transform your Teaching Series
- Transforming Your Blackboard Shell to Transform your Teaching Part 1 (9:46)
In this video, our CIS Blackboard expert shows how course shell structure can be maximized for presenting your content in an effective manner that is beneficial to both the student and the instructor.
- Transforming Your Blackboard Shell to Transform your Teaching Part 2 (10:03)
In this video, our CIS Blackboard expert navigates learner-centered course design principles with examples of presenting content in Blackboard while still making it accessible and engaging for all students.
Here, we provide an overview of the educational value and logistical structure of Discussion Board Questions to facilitate engagement and dialogue with and between your remote, face-to-face, and HyFlex students using and independent of a structured “Discussion Board” forum.
Before sitting down to record, follow these five best practices to create media that students will want to watch.
The benefits of an interactive video allow viewers to engage and interact with content to deepen learning. Here, we provide steps to develop interactive videos to engage your learners.
- Blackboard: Adding Webex Session and Recording Links to Blackboard and Viewing Attendance and other usage Reports
- Blackboard: Quota Tips and Tricks
- Office Web Apps: PowerPoint Online Basics
- Panopto: Before you record…. 5 things you MUST do
- WebEx: Classroom polls
- Webex: Enable Video Audio, Share Motion and Video Content in Meetings
- WebEx: General Overview of its Features
- WebEx: Sharing Content