Curriculum and Assessment Support
The Office of Curriculum and Instructional Support (CIS) assists faculty with developing curricular initiatives, assessing student learning, and expanding opportunities for students that reinforce CMU's commitment to a student-focused learning environment. We are proud to collaborate with faculty, staff, and other campus personnel as we demonstrate students’ achievements in their academic pursuits.
CIS is here to support and consult in the following areas:
- Curriculum Proposal Development: assist faculty and staff with course and program modifications as well as new course and program proposals.
- Curricular Mapping: provide guidance using a three-phase approach to realign program and course components aimed at enhancing efficiencies and student learning.
- New Program Consultation: assist with identifying approval timelines, avoiding potential delays during the approval process, preparing documents for review, and developing implementation strategies.
- Identifying Curriculum Best Practices: provide strategies related to best practices to ultimately establish a highly efficient curriculum process.
- Assessment Management: assist programs with bridging curriculum and assessment to enhance learning and overall program quality.
For assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In collaboration with the Academic Senate Office, the Senate website's Curriculum Information and Resources section provides navigational tools for CMU’s curricular processes.
The Office of Curriculum and Instructional Support staff work with our partners across all student learning outcomes assessment levels. We assist the CMU Assessment Council, academic programs, committees, and departments in implementing assessment activities, along with disseminating information to the broader campus community. The Assessment Information and Resources page provides tools for CMU’s assessment processes.