Checklist for Next Steps
Now that you've signed up for New Student Orientation, here are a few things you need to do before beginning your first semester:
- If you are living on campus, check your mail and email for information on starting your housing application. It will be sent to you soon after your enrollment deposit is processed.
- Send your official transcripts. In order to have your academic history evaluated and applied to your Central Michigan University record, send your final transcripts from your prior schools as soon as you have completed classes. If you are just finishing high school, be sure to have your high school send your final transcript after your graduation date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to the following address:
Central Michigan University
Attn: Transcript Department
802 Industrial Drive
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858
Verify transfer credits, along with credits from AP, CLEP and IB, on Degree Progress.
Other checklist items
- Register your vehicle. If you're bringing a car to campus, make sure it's registered with Parking Services.
- Double-check your finances. If you filed your FAFSA, the government may require you to upload certain documents or provide additional information to complete the process. Check on the status of your financial aid and plan your finances by logging into your CentralLink account.
- Purchase textbooks and course materials. New, used, rental and digital options are available at the CMU Bookstore. You can also compare prices from other retailers.
- Not sure about your major? Explore career options and find out more about yourself with resources available from the Career Development Center.
- Register your computer and other networked devices.
- Check Blackboard. View any posted course assignments or announcements a few days before the start of the semester.
- We have a "course shell" for New Student Orientation with information to review before you get started with your first semester and as a great resource to go back to throughout your first year.