Training and Professional Development
Today, more than ever, technology is an integral part of the teaching and learning environment as well as the professional workplace. We offer training and professional development to faculty, staff, and students in a variety of modalities. Below you will find some OIT-specific resources and opportunities and links to those available from other CMU and external organizations.
OIT Knowledge Base
The OIT Knowledge Base is a terrific self-help resource that is available 24 hours a day 365 days of the year. OIT and other CMU staff members categorize, create, and maintain the content and customize whatever need be specifically for CMU users. Some content is publicly available, but the majority requires a sign in using a CMU Global ID and password. The search tool is a great way to find what you need in a hurry.
OIT Technology Awareness and Training Team (TATT)
The Technology Awareness and Training Team is based within the Office of Information Technology, but our collaboration and impact are University-wide. Please email Brian Roberts to begin a conversation about your training needs and interests.
- Create an awareness of enterprise (and other useful) technologies (software, hardware, systems, +) that are available for use across the CMU community;
- Coordinate, create, offer, and facilitate general and customized training resources, materials, and opportunities for users.
- Assist users in identifying and implementing the technologies that best suit their needs to achieve a goal, overcome a challenge, improve an experience, simplify a task, save time or money, and more.
- Champion creative use and best practices throughout implementation and use.
- Provide a connection to ongoing support for users.
- Conduct and review survey data and explore contributions and proposal for collaborations from parties that are interested in collaborating on efforts in an order of established priority.