Office of Research Compliance
The mission of this Office is to prevent, find and remediate problems in research compliance. In carrying out its mission the Office is guided by the Seven Elements of an Effective Compliance Program developed by the federal government:
- Establish policies, procedures and controls.
- Exercise effective compliance and ethics oversight.
- Exercise due diligence in delegating authority to individuals.
- Communicate and educate employees on the compliance programs.
- Monitor and audit compliance programs for effectiveness.
- Ensure consistent enforcement and discipline of violations.
- Respond appropriately to incidents and take steps to prevent future incidents.
To ensure compliance with federal, state, and university requirements for conducting research, CMU has established several boards/committees that are charged with the oversight of research conducted in their respective areas.
OTHER COMPLIANCE OFFICES AT CMU
HAZARDOUS WASTE MATERIALS
Hazardous Waste Management - Environmental Health and Safety - Hazardous Waste Manager
For assistance with the disposal of controlled substances contact the Hazardous Waste Manager or the Office of Research Compliance
BlOODBORNE PATHOGENS, HIV, HBV
Exposure Control Officer - Risk Management, Environmental Health, and Safety
Smith Hall 103 989-774-3741
BIOLOGICAL, CHEMICAL, or RADIATION HAZARDS
Director - Office of Laboratory and Field Safety
Foust Hall 104 989-774-4189