Technology Transfer and Commercialization
We promote a culture of innovation at Central Michigan University and work to protect and commercialize inventions created by our researchers. Its scope of activities includes guiding faculty through the invention process, acting as a liaison with Central Michigan University Research Corporation (CMURC), processing invention disclosures, assessing technologies for protection and commercialization, filing a patent, copyright and trademark protection on select technologies, marketing, and licensing CMU discoveries, execution of Material Transfer and Confidentiality Agreements, and fostering CMU entrepreneurs.
We work in close collaboration with CMURC. While ORGS helps with the paperwork and legalities of inventions/ideas, CMURC can help by offering supportive programs, helping with product development, conducting a market assessment, and business consulting.
Policies and Forms
- CMU Inventor's Guide June 2020
- CMU and CMURC IP and Commercialization Process (3)
- CMU Quick Guide to Patent and Commercialization of CMU Intellectual Property (3)
- Invention Disclosure 2021 (4) (2)
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- 2016-1412 Policy 3-34 Managing Conflicts of Interest
- Copyright Assistance
- Intellectual Property Policy2020June
- Material Transfer Agreement Process December 2017 (2)
- Royalties Form Spring 2023
- Royalties Form Summer 2023
- Data Use Agreement Process July 2015