Publications & Presentations
- Griffith, D. A.., Li, B. (2022) Advanced Introduction to Spatial Statistics. United Kingdom: Edward Elgar Publishing, Incorporated.
- Li, B., Shi, X., Zhu, A., Wang C., and Lin H. (Ed.) (2022) New Thinking in GIScience. Singapore: Springer Nature Singapore.
- Li, B. (2022). Prospects on Causal Inferences in GIS. In New Thinking in GIScience (pp. 109-118). Springer Nature, Singapore.
- Islam, M. D., Li, B., Lee, C., & Wang, X. (2022). Incorporating spatial information in machine learning: The Moran eigenvector spatial filter approach. Transactions in GIS, 00, 1–21. https://doi.org/10.1111/tgis.12894
- Li, Bin, and Daniel A. Griffith. "The Moran Spectrum as a Geoinformatic Tupu: implications for the First Law of Geography." Annals of GIS 28, no. 1 (2022): 69-83. https://doi.org/10.1080/19475683.2022.2026473
- Griffith, Daniel, and Bin Li. "Spatial-temporal modeling of initial COVID-19 diffusion: The cases of the Chinese Mainland and Conterminous United States." Geo-spatial Information Science 24, no. 3 (2021): 340-362. https://doi.org/10.1080/10095020.2021.1937338
- Md Didarul Islam, Bin Li, Kazi Saiful Islam, Rakibul Ahasan, Md. Rimu Mia, and Md Emdadul Haque, “Airbnb rental price modeling based on Latent Dirichlet Allocation and MESF-XGBoost composite model.” Machine Learning with Applications, 23 November, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mlwa.2021.100208
- 2019, Griffith, Chun, and Li, Spatial Regression Analysis Using Eigenvector Spatial Filtering, Elsevier
- 2018, Zhang, Jingyi, Bin Li, et al. "Eigenvector Spatial Filtering Regression Modeling of Ground PM2. 5 Concentrations Using Remotely Sensed Data." International journal of environmental research and public health 15, no. 6.
- 2017, Li, B., “Spatial regression and eigenvector spatial filtering,” in Frontiers in Geographic Information Science, Press of Higher Education, China, pp. 102-120
- 2017, Griffith, D.A., Li, B., “A geocomputation and geovisualization comparison of Moran and Geary eigenvector spatial filtering,” Proceedings, The 25th International Conference on Geoinformatics, August 2-4, Buffalo, New York.
- 2016, Li, B., Griffith, D. A., Becker, B. Spatially simplified scatterplots for large raster datasets. Geo-spatial Information Science, (2016):1-13.
- 2015, Zhang, Q., Li, B., Thau, D., & Moore, R. Building a Better Urban Picture: Combining Day and Night Remote Sensing Imagery. Remote Sensing, 7(9), 11887-11913.
- 2014, Li, B., Spatial Statistics & Geostatistics, book review, Geographical Analysis, Vol. 46, No. 4, pp. 459. 2013, Liang, M., Yi, T., Li, B., An evolutional model of tourism efficiency, Tourism Tribune, Vol. 28,
No. 5, pp. 53-62.
- 2012, Liu, Y., Li, B., “An Extension of a Digital Earth Client to Build a Distributed Computing System Through Peer-to-Peer Technology,” Transactions in GIS, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 807-827.
- 2009, Li, B., J. Gong and W. Jia, Y., Yu, “PCGAP: Pattern Catalog for GIS Application Programming,” Geomatica, 63(2), 25-36.
- 2008, Liu, Y., B. Li, and J. Gong, “A Hybrid CDN-P2P System for Earth Observation Data Delivery,” Proc. SPIE 7285, 72852Y (2008).
- 2007, Li, "Geographic Information Services," Encyclopedia of GIS, Springer Science.
- 2007, Qiu, F., Li, B., et al., “A GIS-based Spatially Explicit Model of Dispersal Agent Behavior,” Forest Landscape Modeling.
- 2005, Jia, Gong, and Li, “Optimization of Web Map Services,” Acta Geodaetica et Cartographica Sinica, Vol. 34, No. 2, pp. 168-174.
- 2005, Du, Qin, Li, and Wang, “Fuzzy Description of Topological Relations I: A Unified Fuzzy 9-Intersection Model,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 3612, p. 1261.
- 2004, Li, Q., Liu, and Li, B., “A Spatial Data Model for Disease Emergency Response and Management,” Journal of Computer Engineering and Application, No. 1, pp. 1-6.
- 2003, Li, B. et al., “Expert Evaluation as Means of Promoting GIS Software Development,” Journal of Geographic Information Science, Vol. 9, No. 1-2, pp. 22-28.
- 2003, Li, Bin, “Peer-to-Peer Sharing of Cartographic Data and Software,” in Maps and the Internet, Michael Peterson (eds), Elsevier Science, pp. 157-168.
- 2002, Zhou, Qiming, Li, Bin, "A Tentative View on GIS Software Development in China," Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing, Vol. 68, No. 4, pp. 333-340.
- Griffith, D. A.., Li, B. (2022) Advanced Introduction to Spatial Statistics. United Kingdom: Edward Elgar Publishing, Incorporated. Li, B., Shi, X., Zhu, A., Wang C., and Lin H. (Ed.) (2022) New Thinking in GIScience. Singapore: Springer Nature Singapore. Li, B. (2022). Prospects on Causal Inferences in GIS. In New Thinking in GIScience (pp. 109-118). Springer Nature, Singapore.
- Ph.D., Syracuse University, 1993
- M.A., University of Nebraska at Omaha
- B.S., South China Normal University
- Introduction to GISci
- Advanced Cartography
- Advanced GIS
- Quantitative Methods
- GIS Design and Programming
- Contemporary Spatial Data Management
- Special Topics on Health Data Analysis and the Geography of China