Making a difference in students' future lives is why many people go into the field of education. The Master of Arts degree in Education with a Curriculum and Instruction concentration focuses on developing better teachers/educators and a deeper understanding of how to package and facilitate learning experiences. The program is designed for educators who aspire to oversee curriculum and instruction. While the Curriculum & Instruction concentration focuses primarily on PK-12 educators and students' learning experiences in a school setting, the program also serves a highly diverse group of educators to examine curriculum and instruction from multiple perspectives. This unique degree also provides an opportunity to create personal pathways.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
Core courses in The Master of Arts degree in Education will provide you with a foundation in Curriculum and Instruction. Additionally, the MAE-C&I allows you to specialize in two emphasis areas. The areas of emphasis include:
- Contemporary Issues
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Early Childhood
- Educational Technology
- Social Justice
- Special Education
This program does not result in certification for teachers or administrators but may be utilized for professional advancement.
- The program gave me great ideas for collaborating with teachers, classroom management, as well as great information on technology.
- The classes I have completed through this program have changed the way I view teaching and showed me just how much impact I can have on those around me.
- The focus on research-based best practices, developmentally appropriate practice, and foundations of literacy knowledge, have made the most impact on my professional practice.
- I have been able to look at how my district handles curriculum and instruction and compare it to other students in the classroom. Each course has given me more knowledge about my own teaching and has allowed me to better my practices for my students in my classroom.
- This program has allowed me to focus on an area in which I saw a need in my current field (Active Duty Military), which was the current procedures of the military in advanced individual training.
Ultimately, students who complete the MAE-C&I will become more effective teachers in the classroom. Our graduates are also well prepared for professional positions such as instructional coordinator, curriculum specialist, academic support coach, interventionists, museum specialists, outdoor education specialist, or education specialist.
With a background in curriculum and instruction you may also find opportunities within a wide-ranging field of professional disciplines across corporations and organizations.
Careers & Outcomes
Ultimately, students who complete the MAE-C&I will become more effective teachers in the classroom. Graduates are also well prepared for professional positions such as instructional coordinator, curriculum specialist, academic support coach, interventionists, museum specialists, outdoor education specialist, or education specialist. With a background in curriculum and instruction students may also find opportunities within a wide-ranging field professional disciplines across corporations and organizations.
|Director of Instruction/Curriculum Specialist||$63,740|
|Program Director, Higher Education||$67,724|